Friday 23 January 2015

Bordeaux Mixture

This new blog is part scrap book and part diary. I am not an expert. I hope to list and describe my modest gardening efforts over the next period of time, starting in winter. We have a small house garden in West Sussex, England, by the way. I have e made a start in January by sorting out the shed and tidying up the side of the house, what used to be a green house then a polytunnel, and then a mess left over from replacing the fences last year.

Prompted to blog having sprayed the fruit trees with Vitax 175g Bordeaux Mixture. I obtained this and used it following instructions. i used a supplier fiom Amazon (see picture below).  My local garden centre now has very little gardening chemicals but I did try there first. I am mainly organic but as a 'natural remedy; I am happy to use this, in moderation.

My main target was peach leaf curl which wiped out the leaves last year, so that tree was sprayed thoroughly (£1.99 spray bottle from Robert Dyas), While I was at it I also sprayed a small plum and a damson tree, and our larger apple as far as I could reach. I sprayed the black currant canes by the shed but forgot a few by the path. It will be interesting to see any difference by the summer. Finally I sprayed a few roses at the front, as we suffer from black spot 


Cold but sunny today, early frost.  Birds are busy munching food I put out from last week. Saw comet Lovejoy a few nights ago by the way.


Thats it so far.  Will update as and when. Comments welcome.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment